How is it possible to disable perspective in D3D?

Started by
0 comments, last by noxa 24 years ago
Hello, I''m using D3D for my render engine, and in one of my little demo''s it is supposed to simulate a RTS with an overhead view. I want to render the 3D units over a 2D terrain - I have it all working but D3D is mucking it up! My units, as they move away from the center of the screen, appear to warp (its the perspective, I know that) - does anyone know how I can turn it off so that all things are flat? It''s hard to describe, so I''ll do some ASCII art (hehe) What it does: ______ / \ <- 3D object ++ <- camera What I want: -------- <- 3D object ++ <- camera If you have ever played the game Total Annihilation (or the sequal) - that''s what I''m going for. They used their own render API, but I don''t want to do that... Thanks for any help, Ben Vanik
----------------------------noxa - Ben Vanikhttp://24.3.123.4----------------------------
Advertisement
You can create an orthogonal projection matrix instead of the usual perspective projection matrix. My suggestion is to use D3DXMatrixOrthoLH() to do this.

D3DXMatrix Ortho;
D3DXMatrixOrthoLH(&Ortho, w, h, n, f);
SetTransform(D3DTRANSFORMSTATE_PROJECTION, (D3DMATRIX*)&Ortho);

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement