How to set the cursor in console apps ?

Started by
3 comments, last by srmeister 24 years ago
How do i locate (remember the basic command : LOCATE ?)the keyboard cursor in Win32 Console applications with Visual C++ ? It seems as if the ANSI Escape Sequences dont work with it. So do you have any idea ? PS: I know its a really basic question... cYa SRMeister ICQ 38405287
Advertisement
Look up:

GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo()
SetConsoleCursorPosition()
Wouldn''t that need installed mouse drivers for DOS? My mouse only works if I install the drivers first. Just a thought...

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design
"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
Spiff: I believe he is just wanting how to change the look/position/get the position of the blinking input cursor, not give it mouse movements, although that would apply to mouse movments, you would edit the cursor to create "ascii" graphics and the like(ahh the good ol'days of dos, luckily there is linux to get my console os fix ) Anyways, I was about to recommend a bios interupt call (which is why I just edited this message), but then I remembered, win32 console apps don't like them... dang, now that I think about it, hmmmm tricky question... too bad there aren't any ANSI functions to do that for you.

-Omalacon

Edited by - omalacon on 4/4/00 1:21:09 AM

Edited by - Omalacon on 4/4/00 1:23:56 AM
Oh, sorry, my swedish brain mixed mouse cursors with text cursors. My bad.

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design
"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement