Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange unrequested green fog...sometimes

This topic is 5593 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve got a little app that displays a bunch of textured cubes. No lightning, no fog, no stencils, etc....just textured cubes. On my machine at home (GeForce3) it displays fine using standard GL calls (no hardware-specific functions). At work (ATI Radeon VE)...well, let''s just call this "strange". Running normally, it almost acts like the clipping distances change with the view distance...I see bits and pieces of some of the triangles, but can see more of them as I get "closer" to one. What''s more, they appear to be lighted! (There is absolutely NO lighting in this code.) Running in debug, I can see all of the boxes...as solid green objects. As I zoom in on one, I can begin to see the actual texture...apparently lit as before. It''s like there''s a think green fog. I have poked around with every OpenGL setting available through display settings, but no effect. ANY idea what''s doing this?

Ummm...ok, I just stumbled onto the problem, but have no idea why it's a problem. I removed the MIPMAP settings and it started showing up just fine. Odd....

So, can anybody tell me how to get mipmapping working under a Radeon VE?

[edited by - Brother Erryn on August 26, 2002 9:41:00 AM]

So is everything fine now or is that just a different problem?
I know that when I play Q3A, sometimes the box like objects in the game like the powerups show through the static foreground, which is a little annoying. I have a Radeon 8500 myself.

Everything is fine now. I was using a DLL to handle the TGA loading, now I''m using "real" code...and the problem vanished. I presume the DLL code did something strange when creating mipmaps that the ATI didn''t like.