DDraw and win32 controls

Started by
1 comment, last by jharkey 21 years, 7 months ago
hello, i have been trying to mix ddraw with win32 so i can blit faster with ddraw and still use windows controls, like button. i have been using the function FliptoGdiSuface to get the button to appear. and then i blit the backbuffer to the front buffer manualy, i do this because its in the sample provided with dx, the one on displaying a dialog in full screen mode. now, depending on where i call fliptogdi, i can see the button. if i do it at the end of my rendering loop, and i dont manually blit the backbuffer, i can see and use the button. but i cant see the rest of the stuff on the backbuffer because i havent blitted it to the front buffer. if i call it there and i do blit, or use Flip, i cant see the button. i can click on it because i know where its at, and when i do, it flashes for a second. now i tried calling fliptogdi right after i created the clipper, like it says in the example, and i get the same results, i can click it and it flashes, but its not there all the time. has anyone successfuly done this? please help.
Advertisement
just bringing it to the top. nobody has done this succesfully? i think it would be worth it. event though i cant see the button, it is there, and i am still getting like 70 - 80 fps. so it doesnt slow it down, and with owner drawn buttons, it would look just like part of the game. and then you could use edit boxes and stuff too. lots less time programming the gui and more time on game logic. i think it would be benificial, eventhough a lot of you i know will disagree.
giving it one last bump. please help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement