any help please

Started by
3 comments, last by Dean Johnson 21 years, 7 months ago
Can someone PLEASE help me with this it has put major headache after headache in my head. My problem is that I am working on making my rotations for my ship. I have learned the type of rotation I am using is called Euler rotations. I found the major problem with them not having an effect on the axis. With my ship I need the roll and pitch to effect the other axis. Does anyone have any code or link to code or tutorial that shows a proper way to do rotations for ships? I am using DirectX and an article using DirectX is preferred. Thanks for ANY help
Advertisement
Try Quaternions...

You can see the tutorial on this web site

or search google, they are the best form of rotation avalible, and you prolly won''t have trouble finding a library to help you code them
~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn
I found one but was geared around OpenGL.
You or anyone else know of one thats based on DirectX.

Also are Quaternions good for all objects and the camera?
Thanks
Quaternions can be used exactally like eular translations. They are alot nicer tho, since Quaternions don''t suffer from gambal lock. Cameras are usually implemented in Quaternions, since smooth camera rotation w/o gambal lock is neccessary.

I don''t know any DirectX libraries that use quaternions, since All I use is opengl
~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn
I believe there are a set of useful Quaternion functions in the D3DX utility library.
Have a look at the docs for the function specifics.

John B

[edited by - JohnBSmall on September 13, 2002 2:30:26 PM]
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement