Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

converting unicode/ASCII

This topic is 5586 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m doing some dev work for the US Army Corps of Engineers using Win CE 3.0. Small prob: CE only supports unicode. Is there a function that converts ASCII to unicode and vice versa? It needs to be at runtime; I''m already aware of the TEXT() macro. If not, is there a wide-char version of inet_ntoa()? That''s the most critical function I''m having a problem with. Thanks. --------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons; (c) 2000 ROAD Programming
You are unique. Just like everybody else.
"Mechanical engineers design weapons; civil engineers design targets."
"Sensitivity is adjustable, so you can set it to detect elephants and other small creatures." -- Product Description for a vibration sensor

Yanroy@usa.com

Take a look at MultiByteToWideChar() . According to MSDN it''s supported by WinCE 1.01 onward.

The name is a tad misleading actually - the source string doesn''t have to have MBCS/DBCS characters - it can be single byte ANSI characters (what you''re thinking of as ASCII).

The reverse operation, not surprisingly is WideCharToMultiByte()

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com