converting unicode/ASCII

Started by
0 comments, last by Yanroy 21 years, 8 months ago
I''m doing some dev work for the US Army Corps of Engineers using Win CE 3.0. Small prob: CE only supports unicode. Is there a function that converts ASCII to unicode and vice versa? It needs to be at runtime; I''m already aware of the TEXT() macro. If not, is there a wide-char version of inet_ntoa()? That''s the most critical function I''m having a problem with. Thanks. --------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons; (c) 2000 ROAD Programming
You are unique. Just like everybody else.
"Mechanical engineers design weapons; civil engineers design targets."
"Sensitivity is adjustable, so you can set it to detect elephants and other small creatures." -- Product Description for a vibration sensor

Yanroy@usa.com

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons; (c) 2000 ROAD Programming
You are unique. Just like everybody else.
"Mechanical engineers design weapons; civil engineers design targets."
"Sensitivity is adjustable, so you can set it to detect elephants and other small creatures." -- Product Description for a vibration sensor

Yanroy@usa.com

Advertisement

Take a look at MultiByteToWideChar() . According to MSDN it''s supported by WinCE 1.01 onward.

The name is a tad misleading actually - the source string doesn''t have to have MBCS/DBCS characters - it can be single byte ANSI characters (what you''re thinking of as ASCII).

The reverse operation, not surprisingly is WideCharToMultiByte()

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement