Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A small game I am developing ... Please look! :)

This topic is 5588 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am developing a small and simple game. Each level has a single background bitmap that is 800x600 in size. The bottom has grass then dirt tiles, and the GUI at the very bottom. I have not completed the GUI yet. The screenshot that I will post was taken in early development. I made all of the graphics myself. BTW, the goal is to collect all of the gems in each level. I have also implemented very basic "physics" for jumping, falling off of blocks, etc. This is my first ever game. Right now it only has one level. Screenshot: http://www16.brinkster.com/trifaze/gdays_ss.html If it doesn't work by clicking on it, then copy and paste it. I would like your feedback, too! Thanks, Matt Utley If thispost = 0 Then GoBack() Else Read() End If [ Edit: URL enable. ] [edited by - Oluseyi on August 29, 2002 8:41:13 PM]

Seems like a good start, looking good so far.

Rectangle collision detection is simple enough to get the concepts down and make an effective game.

You might bring back the rage of the Mario games, be careful!

Thanks! I also have created background music that I created in OrionPRO 2.7 by Sonic Syndicate. I already added that to the game.

Name: Matt Utley
E-mail: trifaze_matt@lycos.com
AOL Instant Messenger™: MeBeMrMkay
Note: Feel free to contact me any time!

If thispost = 0 Then
GoBack()

Else
Read()
End If