• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teamshibi

Your Idols in game design?

This topic is 5892 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Topic. I say Peter Molyneux. He has designed some of the most advanced and fun games I have ever played and I aspire to be like him. The man is a gaming genious, melding immense creativity with advanced programing from his excelent team at lionhead and alot of comedy all together... Honestly, who DIDN''T like Black & White or Dungeon Keeper?!

Advertisement
Shigeru Miyamoto has never disappointed me. For that matter, the entire 1st-party Nintendo development team has history of revolutionizing game design every so often. I don''t want to inspire any console debates, so please just take this as my opinion. And save your comments about the cel-shaded Zelda. I have yet to be disappointed...

quote:
Original post by Teamshibi
Honestly, who DIDN''T like Black & White or Dungeon Keeper?!

Since you ask, I didn''t particularly like either of them.

Molyneux does have some great and original ideas, but I get the impression that sometimes he gets so caught up in the concept of the game, that he forgets about the actual gameplay. Both DK and B&W felt more like toys than games - great fun for the first 20 minutes, but rapidly becoming repetitive and boring after that. I''d probably put him in the top ten somewhere, but not at the top.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Richard Garriot
creator of much of the early Ultima Series

Guest Anonymous Poster
its gotta be Yu Suzuki of Sega.

He created classics like Hang On, Space Harrier, Outrun (perhaps I''m showing my age a bit here....)

But also more recent masterpieces like Shenmue and Virtua Fighter...

All his games are truly immersive, whilst not being too difficult to pick up.

Yep, Yu Suzuki gets my vote!

Guest Anonymous Poster
Romero/Carmack - Doom and Quake
Utter Genius.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!