Problem converting into X files

Started by
6 comments, last by ji yan 21 years, 8 months ago
Hi: I downloaded the file conv3ds.exe and ran it to convert 3ds files into X files. However, problems appeared after my doing so, here is the output I got: Warning: not outputting dummy frame with child Warning: not outputting dummy frame without child!! Warning: not outputting dummy frame without child!! Then the X file is only 1Kb in size with a bunch if crap in it. When I view it, nothing shows. Has anyone ever encountered the same problem when converting 3ds files into X files? Can anyone tell me how I can fix it? Thanks for your help in advance
Advertisement
I thought I read in the conv3ds read me file that it will not convert dummy objects.

I could be wrong
I would love going home to M7, but I can't detect black holes.
I checked it and found out that you are right. Conv3ds doesn''t convert dummy objects. But what can I do if I have dummy objects that I want to use as X files in my game???

Thanks for help in advance
Sorry that I can not help you, but you may want to look for an alternative in 3D studio max(I am assuming that what you are using) where you replace dummy object with something that conv3ds can convert.

I would love going home to M7, but I can't detect black holes.
The problem is that those models are not created by myself and I don''t even know anything about creating them. I think there must be some ways to convert these objects, does anyone out there know how I can do that?
The problem is that those models are not created by myself and I don''t even know anything about creating them. I think there must be some ways to convert these objects, does anyone out there know how I can do that?
Hey, why are you using conv3ds? Use the x file exporter, it deals with dummies.

My site
If you have 3D Studio, you can obtain the plugin from www.3dcafe.com that allows you to export a 3DS file into X format giving a few output choices like material/texture hierarchy etc.

http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/plugins/xout.asp
#ifndef _DIRECTX PostQuitMessage(0);#endif

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement