Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bonus levels

This topic is 5589 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all. I am trying to think up some cool bonus levels I can put in my 2D game. My game is sort of like Bubble Bobble in a way, if that helps. This is what I got (any contributions very helpful 1) pick one of three items and get a random prize (good and bad prizes -- ie free points, lose points ,etc) Sorta like the bonus stage in mario bros 2 where you pick one of three treasure chests 2) Collect as many items in 30 seconds as you can etc for free points or whatver I need some more ideas because I want to put a bonus stage in my game every 5 or so levels. Any ideas? Thanks.

How about "Dodge the Enemies for X Seconds" or "Kill X Enemies in Y Seconds" ..?

"If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." - Albert Einstein

Put em all in. But make it random which one is picked, and make the player find some switch in-level that triggers a bonus stage afterwards.

-> Will Bubel
-> Machine wash cold, tumble dry.

Guest Anonymous Poster
in donkey kong, there was a bonus level (where you SUPPOSEDLY could get an extra 10%... but i never could...) and there were three barrels that started moving around slow, then faster, then pretty darn fast, then stopped. they showed you the one ''special'' barrel and you had to follow it and pick it at the end, and you got some little prize.

also, you could have little mini-games - and i mean MINI. just a little more than a bonus level, with a basic point, more than just kill random people. of course, this could always get to be too time-consuming to be feasible.

i agree with core, i like the ideas.

sonic the hedgehog let you bounce around this level (you kept going down) and gather as many coins as you could before you fell to the end.

and i also think inmate is right, put in as many as you can, and have them available randomly.

good luck!

-geo-

Guest Anonymous Poster
i forgot - tic tac toe

either let them just play one game...

or best out of three...

or first one to win...

-geo-