Mac Game programming.

Started by
24 comments, last by Ravuya 21 years, 7 months ago
If any of you guys wanted to learn some things about the Mac in regard to development, a great place to start is at iDevGames. Lots of good info there. Resist everyone
Advertisement
why would we want to program for macs?
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

Why wouldn''t we ?
Original post by Anonymous Poster

Why wouldn''t we ?

Because mac users don''t have the mental capacity to handle using both a keyboard and mouse at the same time for FPS style games.
I hate macintosh.I''ve always thought that pcs were easier to use.
They also lie in there ads.So I''d hate to support them.
And so, the evil religion thread stole the wonderful "What the Heck?" thread's throne. Truly a sad day for gamedev.
[Because mac users don''t have the mental capacity to handle using both a keyboard and mouse at the same time for FPS style games.

On the contrary, many Mac users can handle using the mouse and the keyboard at the same time, but thats only because their mouse only has one OVERSIZED button for them to worry about pushing.
I hope a moderator locks or deletes this thread promptly. It was a kind gesture, Ravuya (though I''ve never so much as used a Mac myself); pity about all the snerts flaming you (and Mac users in general).
Jeez, you people are really fucking biased. Macintoshes are great computers. They run much smoother than any Windows that I''ve used. MacOS X is also much more appealing than Windows 3.1-XP. Their processors are RISC processors, as opposed to a CISC processor that most x86 processors are. The professional field for software development on Macintoshes has boomed over the past year since the release of OS X. Many people have and will be switching. Myself included. I''d rather have something that works than something that doesn''t.
Sup guys?
LOL I crashed a mac last week! And Objective C? Get Real!

EDIT: OS 9.2 and no, I didn't even try

[edited by - nonnus29 on August 28, 2002 11:59:01 AM]
You crashed a Mac....congratulations...it''s possible to do if you try. And Objective C? Why bother? Mac''s can compile C or C++ because they use gcc.
Sup guys?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement