Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

.MD2: Where's the Cream Filling?

This topic is 5587 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So, I''ve written my .MD2 loader, and it looks and works great (except for the PCX loader, which I blatantly plagarized because, well, it would be a lot of work and who would voluntarilly use a PCX file?) However, looking through the animations that all of the characters have, there seems to be one that is blatantly missing: Where''s the shooting animation? Considering the context, I''d think the shooting animation would probably be the most important one of all, but it doesn''t seem to be in there, for any model? I never played Quake 2, so I wouldn''t know - do the characters have an animation while they shoot? Do they just pause in their current animation frame while they''re shooting or something? Is there a shooting animation I''m just missing? I don''t really need to know this for this particular project, since it''s just something I''m doing to make a free-form school project look really cool, but if I were to use a .MD2 in a game I was making, I''d really expect it to be able to shoot at things.

Guest Anonymous Poster
the shooting animations *should* be in those MD2 files.

Any idea what keyframes it would be at?
I''ve looked through the full set of animations on several models, and haven''t really seen a shooting animation, but I could easilly have missed it if it was a short one and blended in with the others.

Guest Anonymous Poster
each frame has name. now look for something like "shoot" etc.
if this does not help, browse through *all* frames, as I said, shooting animations should be there.

Guest Anonymous Poster
*what* *the* *is* *all* *this* *atsteric* *stuff* *for*

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
*what* *the* *is* *all* *this* *atsteric* *stuff* *for*

that means "bold" text. /this would be italic/, _and_this_is_underlined_.