Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Direct input problem

This topic is 5587 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all, I seem to be having a problem with direct input.I do not believe it is my code. I''m working along with the "Games Programming All-in-one" from prima tech and i''m on the section dealing with direct input. I''ve hand typed the header and cpp file for the mrInputManager file and it matches that of the author completely. I''ve even tried compiling the authors source code but my compiler seems not to know any info about direct input. So i figure it has something to do with the dinput header and lib files. I''m including dinput.h and even dinputd.h (which the book does not require) and i get the same problem. I have dinput8.lib and even dinput.lib set to manually link as i''ve done with d3d8.lib and ddraw.lib so i think i''ve linked the input lib files correctly, but i cannot seem to get the compiler to reckognize any dinput methods or datatypes or whatnot. Does anyone have any suggestions? Anyone encountered the same problem? I do know that the prima tech books are prone to typos and so on so maybe they left something out... not sure though. thanks commando_337