Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Final Fantasy VII

This topic is 5591 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sitting and gaming Final Fantasy 7 now in front of the TV and found out that Sephiroth is the most bad-ass swordsman ever existed in a video game. Suddenly, a thought popped (not pooped) up in my head... What if I got some resources of the Final Fantasy 7 LZS model format and tried to load the guy in OpenGL. However, i''ve seeked all over the universe but hasn''t found anything. Is there anyone on this forum that knows about the format or about a proggy that''ll convert to MS3D or whatever....?

Final Fantasy VII Model Viewer

Original Japanese Version is here: http://www.cute.or.jp/~makuchan/pce/ff7v.html

English Translation is here: http://www.anime-nation.com/downloads.html

I downloaded both versions and it works, it is written in OpenGL too. I dunno, if you know japanese maybe you could TRY to contact the original author about how he did it or getting the file format? It's an old program, maybe he'd be willing to give the source code if he still has it? I saw his e-mail address on the site, hopefully it works if you want to try.

I tried searching for anything about the .LZS file format used and I couldn't find anything.

-- Ivyn --

[edited by - Ivyn on August 27, 2002 1:58:59 PM]

I remember playing around with that program months ago. Im not exactly sure, but i dont recall if you could actually export them. I believe it was just a viewer.

I dont know how correct this is but I''ll tell you what I can remember. It seemed that each file was only a piece of the over all model. So you would have a .LHZ for the head, another for the body, another for the legs etc.. And each LHZ held info for its skin of that piece.

Hope that helps somehow

quote:
Original post by akudoi
I remember playing around with that program months ago. Im not exactly sure, but i dont recall if you could actually export them. I believe it was just a viewer.

I dont know how correct this is but I''ll tell you what I can remember. It seemed that each file was only a piece of the over all model. So you would have a .LHZ for the head, another for the body, another for the legs etc.. And each LHZ held info for its skin of that piece.

Hope that helps somehow

you''re half right. This applies for the outside of battle models. Inside battles the models were just one model. But outside it was a whole other story. If you download the sephiroth hack for the pc you can see what i mean