Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[java] Simple raytracer

This topic is 5590 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Chman check out his Tutorial

Painless I don´t really get what you mean by unmoving highlights. Do you mean that the specular should move when the balls bounce?

I forgot to mention one thing. You can move the viewer some. Give focus to the applet and then use the arrow keys. If you get close to some object there are some real artifacts I know But this is just a simple hack.

Thanks for the replies

[edited by - Aenimal on August 27, 2002 5:13:07 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Aenimal
Hi I made a simple raytracer. It´s an applet and requires java 1.4. Only tested on my GHz processor. Would be glad for any suggestions/performance stats.

<a href="http://home.student.uu.se/m/maer6521/rtnow/RTNow.html">Trace away</a>

I got a not found message when it tried to load the class file.

Anom poster it should work if you have java 1.4 installed.
EgonOlsen if you disable the interlacing you cut the fps atleast in half. It´s one of the cheap hacks to make it move at all.

Thanks again for all the answers

quote:
Original post by Aenimal
EgonOlsen if you disable the interlacing you cut the fps atleast in half. It´s one of the cheap hacks to make it move at all.
Of course it will, but that still means around 50fps on my machine and that''s enough IMHO. Not as default setting, but as an option it would be nice. I don''t like the look of this interlacing at all.