Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Demo... anyone interested? Help please!

This topic is 5590 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

First of all, this is my first post. Hello everyone! Well, I figure out I have ot post a small demo. It is not exactly what I was searching for (it''s buggy, I think it''s almost useless and the code is a mess) however, since I don''t want to waste time evolving it anymore, I figure out it''s time to post it. It uses SDL (never compiled on anything that win2k) and hase some crappy classes and libraries I think would be useful to evolve. The first is a class which wraps the SDL input so you don''t poll for SDLK_ anymore, you poll for an action (something like GL''s texture objects) and you get what you''re searching, I still have some ideas abot it (the good is that you can trgger a key from mouse or keyboard without having to worry about)... The second class manages a fixed camera so you don''t have thousands of variables around... to bad I cannot get the rid of some bugs which severely limits the usefulness of it... anyone can help? Then, there''s a library to build procedurally-generated solids. For now, there''s plagued by bad bugs (there''s one I can fix in less than a week if someone is interested). It''s something to replace the old glutSolidCube(), since it''s aimed at array-based rendering. At the moment it''s really limited (can draw only cubes, toruses and finite planes) but hopefully will help those guys who still draws a cube by specifing vertices in the src... Someone interested?