Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Right-Clicking program in taskbar

This topic is 5584 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve never been able to figure this out... is there a windows message that allows you to modify the behavior of the taskbar when you right click your program. Usually a little list with Close, Minimize, and other stuff pops up when you right click the program. Most programs show this behavior. Mine, however, doesn''t. Are there some messages I need to intercept when using DirectX8 to have this little menu? -Brett

One other related problem I''m having now though. When my DirectX8 application is minimized and the user browses between different programs by left clicking them in the taskbar, my program sometimes looks as if IT is being pressed (button down animation in the taskbar). Though this isn''t a critical problem, it looks a bit wierd and annoying. Any ideas what may be causing this?

Interesting... after a few hours pulling my hair out over this silly thing, I tried making sure "professional" programs don''t exhibit the same behavior. Low and behold, they do the same thing. So this is either just a wierd quirk with Windows XP (and possibly all other versions of Windows), or a problem that 6 out of 6 retail game-makers have yet to solve

Or maybe I''m just seeing things? AHHHH, need a break!