Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good book recommedations...

This topic is 5587 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m helping to choose books for my high school... What C/C++ books do you reccommend? Or books on computer hardware, algorithms, discrete math, etc. Thanks! Open the hushed casket...

First of all, check out the Books & Software link (on gamedev's menu)

Some good beginning C++ books I had enjoyed when starting out were Practical C++ and C++ The Complete Reference.

An interesting book on the art of proper programming is Code Complete. Once you become more advanced, the Game Programming Gems series are certainly interesting and good 'algorithm containers.

The book RealTime Rendering explains in a perfect amount of detail (I haven't read the second edition, yet) various subparts of what the book's title is and also serves as a good introductory to the field of computer graphics.

Usually most A+ Certification books contain a good amount of information on pc hardware ex. A+ Complete. I haven't bought any other specific to pc hardware books though, because most of my knowledge of them has come from the internet.

There are tons of interesting books related to computers and programming, which I can't do justice to within this post - You should read the reviews for the books on sites such as this one, amazon.com, bn.com, etc...

[edited by - masterg on August 27, 2002 11:30:47 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
"Accelerated C++" as the introductory book. Then "The C++ Programming Language" for sophmore year.

Which ''kind'' of book do you look for? Those that teaches the (syntax) C/C++ language, or those that teaches C/C++ programming? Both are really different.

If you looking for book that teaches programming, look no futher, C++ In Action.