first FINISHED model with Blender, need advice on textures to create/apply

Started by
29 comments, last by TechnoHydra 21 years, 7 months ago
I have this habit of starting a model and then forgetting about it for a while as soon as I'm inspired to start a different one. Well I finally finished one of my more complex models in Blender and I'm looking for advise on the type of textures I should apply. Textures are either going to make this stand out or kill it so I'm looking for some feedback. Any comments/criticism is appreciated. Here's one angle of it the links go to other angles of the ship.

Angled View (my host doesn't like hot linking) Here's the links:

Bottom view

Top view

Side view

Back view I realize that some of the corners are still a little to sharp but that will be corrected eventually with a Subdivide Smooth. Thoughts??? [edited by - TechnoHydra on August 27, 2002 6:44:50 PM] [edited by - TechnoHydra on August 28, 2002 1:39:26 PM]

Advertisement
That looks pretty cool. Good luck with finding textures
--24 Beers in a Case.24 Hours in a Day.Coincedence? I think not!www.gramb0.co.uk
that looks awesome, very very nice
sweet model. excellent work!
MSVC++ 6DirectX 7
Thanks for the positive replies. What sort of colors do you all think would bring out the speed and power of it? Texturing this is going to be more daunting then the model I think.
I think it would look good with red and gray/silver for the body, with a translucent blue glow to the cockpit dome.

Very sweet model, by the way

Later,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

I would kill for that model...

But I would say metallic colors - mainly blue, red, and silver for the main body, with a single color for the top dome thing, maybe some horizontal lines on the fins.

and zealous is right - some kind of glow from the cockpit, most likely blue. This also means the area around the cockpit should NOT be blue - probably red. add some black for lines, and certain areas.

cont. below...
missiles, dark gray with some random colored lines... maybe even yellow.

also, i would like to see a glassy, reflective surface - almost polished. this would give a very sleek effect to the ship. you could add a few streaks to it directly behind the fins.

for the engines... i would stick with the general light blue glow used in every major science fiction movie ever. it just goes.

incidentally, i would suggest some bottom view fly-bys if you put this in a game. that is one heck of an intimidating view.

-geo-
some sphere mapping would looks awsome ingame.

Looks pretty dense, what''s the poly count?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement