• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZedEquis

glEnable(GL_LIGHTING); crashes program??

This topic is 5750 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi people! I was hoping someone could shed some light on a problem i''m having with lighting. The symptoms are three error messages: two occur in I81XGICD.DLL and one in KERNEL32.DLL. The code compiles fine and i can even set up the light fine, but when it runs, the program crashes, with the aforementioned results. When i comment out glEnable(GL_LIGHTING); the program runs fine, minus the lights, of course. The code comes straight from the CD that came with the book. Their program runs fine, but i can''t compile the code to get it to work. Any help for a newb? I''m using Borland 5.5 under WindowsME, be that of any consequence.

Advertisement
Hey it''s no problem. After searching around i thought it''d be more appropriate to add to the openGL forum. Thank you!

What OS/graphics card are you using? Check the directory of your program and make sure there are no old .dlls interfering with proper functionality. I had an opengl32.dll file in my quake directory from back when I had a voodoo3 and it took me a while to figure out why I couldn''t run glquake in hardware mode on my gf3...

Good point. I have two opengl32.dll''s. One from ''96 in C:\windows and one from 2002 in the system directory. I''ll try replacing it to see what it does... I don''t know if that would explain why their .exe would work and the one i compile doesn''t...

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!