glEnable(GL_LIGHTING); crashes program??

Started by
6 comments, last by ZedEquis 21 years, 7 months ago
Hi people! I was hoping someone could shed some light on a problem i''m having with lighting. The symptoms are three error messages: two occur in I81XGICD.DLL and one in KERNEL32.DLL. The code compiles fine and i can even set up the light fine, but when it runs, the program crashes, with the aforementioned results. When i comment out glEnable(GL_LIGHTING); the program runs fine, minus the lights, of course. The code comes straight from the CD that came with the book. Their program runs fine, but i can''t compile the code to get it to work. Any help for a newb? I''m using Borland 5.5 under WindowsME, be that of any consequence.
Advertisement
Updated your drivers lately?

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

Ooops! Sorry, I didn''t mean to delete your cross-post, just to link it and then close it. Either way, it shouldn''t have been necessary to start two threads exactly the same. If you want, I can relocate this one to OpenGL though.

Later,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

Hey it''s no problem. After searching around i thought it''d be more appropriate to add to the openGL forum. Thank you!
Moved to OpenGL. Hope that''s the last of my disturbances

What OS/graphics card are you using? Check the directory of your program and make sure there are no old .dlls interfering with proper functionality. I had an opengl32.dll file in my quake directory from back when I had a voodoo3 and it took me a while to figure out why I couldn''t run glquake in hardware mode on my gf3...
Good point. I have two opengl32.dll''s. One from ''96 in C:\windows and one from 2002 in the system directory. I''ll try replacing it to see what it does... I don''t know if that would explain why their .exe would work and the one i compile doesn''t...
make sure you normalize your normals, or tell ogl to do it for you.
-----------------------------------------------------------"People who usualy use the word pedantic usualy are pedantic!"-me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement