Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CreateCompatibleBitmap Question

This topic is 5586 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I'm currently trying to create a layered window so that I can perform windo blending in winXP and 2k. In order to get this to work with OpenGL, I am attempting to read the pixels in the framebuffer to a bitmap, and then call UpdateLayeredWindow with the new bitmap. Here is some of the code, where the variable "output" is the buffer containing the color data from the framebuffer: HDC memHandle = CreateCompatibleDC(g_hDC); HBITMAP newBM = CreateBitmap(g_width, g_height, 1, 24, output); SelectObject(memHandle, newBM); UpdateLayeredWindow(g_hWnd, g_hScreenDC, &scr_loc, &scr_size, memHandle, &ptSrc, 0, &blend, ULW_ALPHA); However, SelectObject always fails, indicating that newBM is not a valid region. Instead, I was going to try and create the bitmap using the function: CreateCompatibleBitmap(HDC hdc, int nWidth, int nHeight); However, what I don't understand, is how you get the actual pixel/color information into this bitmap? Does anyone know how to do this? Or maybe you have some other suggestion as to the best way to get a valid handle to a bitmap (HBITMAP) using glReadPixels and some windows API calls? If this is unclear, or you need to see more of the code, just let me know. Thanks! [edited by - lost hope on August 27, 2002 10:51:54 PM] [edited by - lost hope on August 27, 2002 10:52:16 PM]