Warcraft 2 artwork

Started by
8 comments, last by Muzlack 21 years, 7 months ago
Does anyone know how the buildings, trees, characters are done in warcraft 2? I''m working on an RPG while my friend is working on a strategy game, and we''d like them to look like that. I can''t imagined they are pixel drawings--they look too good for that. But they also can''t possibly be 3d modeled. They look too cartoonish for that. Does anyone make art like that they would like to share how they do it?
--Muzlack
Advertisement
Looks like they rendered a model and then painted the details.
seems to me that it was just done in some early version of photoshop. what year was WCII exactly? 94? 95? A decent graphics tablet and photoshop is all you need.

whats a tablet?
--Muzlack
its a sensible pad in wich you can draw and what you draw apears on screen. I really dont understand how such a thing can be better than paper for hand drawing.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Many artist claim the tablet is a god''s end of computer graphics.

Google for Wacom tablets, they''re popular.
pick up an issue of computer arts. there are usually some reviews.

quote:Original post by Muzlack
I can''t imagined they are pixel drawings--they look too good for that.

lol, trust me, they are pixel drawings. a good artist will do that.

and a tablet is not better than paper, it´s only almost as good, with the added bonus of getting your stuff into photoshop right away. besides, you´ll always have to do digital reworks, and there´s nothing better than a tablet.
when it comes to doing line drawings a tablet is inferior to paper. but when it comes to painting it is much better. take a look at some of the painted works by bill flemming. they look like renders.

erm, i meant to say digital painting.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement