Tetris Clones for Console Contest

Started by
2 comments, last by Ilthigore 21 years, 7 months ago
I was reading several posts recently and noticed that other people have been making games in console (most notably Radagar who I owe a fair bit in console headers). So I thought it would be a great idea----why not start a contest for the best console tetris clone. I''ll leave the details open for now and put something together after I get some feedback from everybody else. If you are interested in competing (or judging) then reply and tell me your ideas on how the contest could be run.

And the Dark Lord shall DESTROY Middle Earth

But Ilthigore will save you

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ilthigore<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Advertisement
Not a bad idea Ilthigore!

Unfortunately I picked up a copy of TOTWGPG''s and I''m moving on to trying Win32 programming. If that doesn''t work out though, I''ll be back to my Console Tetris clone (which is about 1/3 finished)

~~~~~~~~~~~
Chris Vogel
~~~~~~~~~~~
WyrmSlayer RPG - In Early Development
Yes, I too am moving on to WIN32 but I still believe that I should sharpen up my core C++ skills with console apps as I''ve started learning the API and there is still some syntax I''m not confident with due to my lack of experience in C++ use. My C is fine as I''ve used it for a while but I need to use C++''s classes etc. in most of my programs ( unless I use structs and standalone functions which are really too primative to replace classes ). Thats why I''ve half given up the API and gone back to the console. Other new programmers without knowledge of the API may also wish to try and enter the competition as it is a good opportunity and gives something to aim towards instead of plowing through tutorials making basic programs it allows them to do something practical.

And the Dark Lord shall DESTROY Middle Earth

But Ilthigore will save you

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ilthigore<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I'll compete.

Jeff D

EDIT: Honestly I have been waiting for a contest that I can compete in. Ill actaully start tonight if that ok

EDIT 2: Since we are newbies I believe it should be open source so we all can learn from eachother. Since it is for fun judge on everything: the game, and the code.

Btw I did start a little.

[edited by - Jeff D on August 28, 2002 4:48:53 PM]

[edited by - Jeff D on August 28, 2002 6:11:01 PM]
Suffered seven plagues, but refused to let the slaves go free. ~ Ross Atherton

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement