Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There's a triangle but i dont see it

This topic is 5589 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My main loop envolves the following code: while (1) { if(PeekMessage(&msg,sysw_hwnd, 0, 0, PM_REMOVE)) { if(msg.message == WM_QUIT) SYS_Quit(); else { TranslateMessage(&msg); DispatchMessage(&msg); } } // call application main loop function SYS_Frame(); } // the following is from Ch2 in OpenGL game programming. // SYS_Frame(): static float angle; glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); glLoadIdentity(); angle = angle + 0.1f; if(angle >= 360.0f) angle = 0.0f; glTranslatef(0.0f, 0.0f, -5.0f); glRotatef(angle, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f); glColor3f(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f); glBegin(GL_TRIANGLES); glVertex3f(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f); glVertex3f(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f); glVertex3f(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f); glVertex3f(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f); glVertex3f(1.0f, 0.0f, -1.0f); glVertex3f(1.0f, -1.0f, 0.0f); glEnd(); SwapBuffers(sysw_hDC); i know the prog goes into this loop cos i placed messages here and there, and the screen is set to black (glClear func), but no triangles. Any ideas? When you have the power and resources to create on a large scale, by all means, create something meaningful.

Are you handling the sizing of the window? Also that code looks exactly like the code from OpenGL Game Programming, so take a look at it again thats a part your missing (its the part in the WM_SIZE handdler)

No sizing is taken care of, and that would not matter(??) unless i resized the window and its on fullscreen all the time.

I implimented all of the example from OpenGL Game Programming.

When you have the power and resources to create on a large scale, by all means, create something meaningful.