Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OGL: GL_QUAD rendering wierd

This topic is 5587 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m using a class to Display a square, (square class) code:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- void square:: DisplaySq() { glRotatef(theta, x[0]+(width/2), y[0]+(width/2), z[0]+(width/2)); glBegin(GL_QUADS); for (int i=0; i<4; i++) { glColor3f(r, g, b); glVertex3f(x, y[i], z[i]); } glEnd(); glFlush(); } -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I''m using the NeHe "backbone" the lesson1 cpp that sets up OGL for me. In this I added the RenderScene() function. In here all I do it call DisplaySq(); code:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- void RenderScene() { s1.DisplaySq(); } -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- But heres the problem, when I view the program in windowed mode it doesn''t show the square. When I go fullscreen (F1) I very lightly see it. Its like its being scanned (like a television does) almost transparent, just lines. I''m guessing its clearing/refreshing the screen real fast and it taking the quad away and placing it back real fast it causeing this effect, so... how do I fix this? Thank you in advanced! NOMAD

Ok just a suggestion, you may have done this but, Mess with it change the color to 1,1,1 always set the quads cords to predefinded ones if that kind of stuff if you discover that the predefined ones work then the coords you have are messed up if it shows after the color set to 1,1,1 then the color is really dark do that kind of stuff and see if you can get some results.

good luck

I played around with no luck. I tried another "backbone" OGL project, it adds a console and displays my QUAD. So I''m happy. Guess I deleted or moved something from the priginal NeHe. I''ll re download. Thanks for your suggestions Xero, I appreciate it!

NOMAD