Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beginner sites for asm.... not tutorials

This topic is 5588 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i''v been looking around the net and i can''t find any sites for people beginning assembly or i haven''t been looking in the right place so i was wondering if you guys know of sites that have stuff for beginners like "hello world" basic input/output shows how to make loops, and other stuff like that like alot of sites do with c/c++ ohh and any beginning dos programming sites that have either c/c++ and asm or just pure asm. i don''t need a tutorial on asm i got lots of those but they don''t have may examples and i learn best with examples. hope this made sense and thx for any reply''s

quote:
Original post by baddrizz
i''v been looking around the net and i can''t find any sites for people beginning assembly or i haven''t been looking in the right place so i was wondering if you guys know of sites that have stuff for beginners like "hello world" basic input/output shows how to make loops, and other stuff like that like alot of sites do with c/c++ ohh and any beginning dos programming sites that have either c/c++ and asm or just pure asm.
i don''t need a tutorial on asm i got lots of those but they don''t have may examples and i learn best with examples. hope this made sense and thx for any reply''s

I can''t give you any sites as I don''t know of any but if you want examples, when you get an ASM compiler, usually, there are some examples that come with it. Might want to check them out...

"DaHjajmajQa''jajHeghmeH!"

Cyberdrek
danielc@iquebec.com
Founder
Laval Linux

/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash

Oh, no tutorials...well, there are some assembly gurus here, and technically assembly programming *is* programming, so you could always post some questions here. I do not know of any sites that give the hello, world!-like examples.

I too am interested in assembly. I have an assembler and the two books that came with it, but the only problem is it is an older dos assembler, with the memory segmentation and stuff like that. Any differences between that and 32 bit assembly programming would be interesting.

here I come to save the day

Iczelions tutorials SWEET tutorial site. Go there, click on tutorials, and then look at iczelion'b 35 tutorials

board.win32asmcommunity.net Best darned ASM forum on the net

That's all the asm you'll ever need, right there. The iczelion's tutes are for Windows, and use win api/masm.

------------------

http://roninmagus.hopto.org
acronymfinder.com - Find any acronym you need!

[edited by - Ronin Magus on August 29, 2002 4:12:37 PM]

I too would like to recommend Iczelion''s website, he has numerous tutorials (all with examples) regarding win32 programming in assembly. The Art of Assembly is a fantastic book, it explains how the CPU works in great detail.. I recommend that too!

I think I''ve stumbled on several good? articles/tutorials here at GameDev''s reference section. Doesn''t people asking for literatur here ever check that great section of this site first???

quote:
Original post by null_pointer
[...] and technically assembly programming *is* programming, ...

In what way (non-technically?) would/could assembly *not be* programming??? I''m that kinda person that still thinks C etc. isn''t to be considered real programming