Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dune II 10th anniversary edition

This topic is 5589 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I would like to make a 10nth anniverssary edition of dune II: The Building of a Dynasty. I want to write it in Q-Basic but I can (if I have to) do it in visual basic, or C. My only delima is I need a RTS game engine, I need it to count money, have a high score list, find paths for the units, be able for you to place buildings, and have an options screen (I can design this). K. Thanx rpetz286 Heiroglyphics Entertainment

I forgot to say that I want it in 2D. and I don''t want to change that much, just better graphics, a new story, new levels, and so on and so forth. Like when you click on the mentats eyes I want them to blink, when I click the mentats mouth I want it to move. K?

rpetz286
Heiroglyphics Entertainment

Hi there,
I have quite a bit of experience with Qbasic and from what I can understand what you want. Qbasic is going to very very slow for that sort of thing. Specially if you have to calculate anything like 50+ units. Visual Basic is a lot easier then C but then again you''re speed isn''t there. I would suggest going with visual basic because you can probably get something on the screen fairly quickly and C will probably give you a bit of trouble getting started. C always is rough to start in but once you do it''s fairly easy. You get into a groove of some sorts.
~Mo

Hey, wavewash, you have any experiance with visual basic? cuz I could use the help! I think I will do it in visual basic, but I might do it in visual c++, I don''t know. I am running Visual Basic 6.0 learning edition, if ya need ta know. but, you see, I need to get a Visual Basic game engine! Thanx Bye.

rpetz286
Heiroglyphics Entertainment