my rpg

Started by
25 comments, last by zenoob 21 years, 7 months ago
Umm, that is a very short..."game"

I think you should develop it a little farther and then post it.

Other than that, good job for your first program!

Next release I wanna see screen anti-aliasing and per pixel lighting!

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I''m reaching up and reaching out. I''m reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one''s been. We''ll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one''s been." - Maynard James Keenan [TheBlackJester ]
[Wildfire Studios ]

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been." - Maynard James Keenan Name: [email=darkswordtbj@hotmail.com]TheBlackJester[/email]Team: Wildfire Games
Projects O A.D.The Last Alliance

Advertisement
quote:Original post by Cahaan
Lol Auron I think you didn''t get the humor ;-)

Meh... assumed it was a real quesion. If it was meant as a joke, it wasn''t a very good one :/

-Auron
Is it supposed to close whenever you tell it to do something?
APE
look at the source it''s short. how do i stop it from closing?
LOL!
Darkhaven Beta-test stage coming soon.
put :
while(1){
before cout << "What do you want to do?\n";
and :
}
before return 0;

That should make your game last longer. You could put another option in to call return 0; or it''ll never exit though.
APE
You might be interested in this - http://www.massassi.com/coffeestain/JMServer.zip

It uses winsock and is massivly multiplayer, but it will give you a nice example of a mud database and how to implement the command line. The source is (c) me at the moment, so don''t go and rip it off directly. It will most likely be under the GPL eventually, simply because I like showing off my code, and noone will see it if I don''t distribute it.
I make no claim to be doing it the right way, it is just a way, but, it works quite well. To log into it as is, use telnet and connect to ''localhost'' on port 8669. The ''god'' character is Deyja, password is ''password''.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement