Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diego

DDUtil won't compile?

I added the ddutil.cpp and ddutil.h files into an already existing project that had other code. The DirectX Libraries are already linked, but when I compile the ddutil.cpp file I get about 50 errors, and an extra 25 from ddutil.h! I must have set something up wrong! Someone please advise! Oh yeah, and I''m using VC++6.0 and DX7.0 and I made copies of the files into the project''s directory. -Diego Check out my cool games at: http://staticlounge.tripod.com/

DDUtil.cpp and DDUtil.h both use IDirectDrawSurface7 objects for their execution. Make sure you are creating all of your surfaces, components, etc as the latest version. Actually, I take that back... Make sure you are using the same version components as the ones coded into the ddutil.cpp and ddutil.h files. If the file says it''s using IDirectDrawSurface4 objects, then either change your object''s type, or just get the updated DDUtil files. The latest ones out use IDirectDraw7 and IDirectDrawSurface7. They can be found in the SDK online. Good luck!

ColdfireV