Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will somebody please help me?

This topic is 5588 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I would like somebody to read Dune II Tenth anniverssary edition!? It is my first RTS game and I really need some help!? rpetz286 Heiroglyphics Entertainment

PPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEE!!!! I need halp desperatly! I came here where some of the really good programmers and testers hang out. But I guess I was wrong. I can''t find any help here!

rpetz286
Heiroglyphics Entertainment

Quit being a putz. You''ve only been here for one day and already you''ve decided that there aren''t any good programmers and testers here?

First, you gotta wait for more than 40 minutes before expecting a reply to your message.

Second, I''m not really sure what you''re asking.

"I would like somebody to read Dune II Tenth anniverssary edition!? It is my first RTS game and I really need some help!?"

With both the ''!'' and ''?'', I''m not sure if that''s a question or if you''re telling us something. Also, if it''s a game, shouldn''t someone ''play'' it instead of ''read'' it?

Post a link and I will help. However, Dune II is an already used game name and might get sued if you use the name. You can create a game based on the Dune universum(Arakis, Atreides, Harkonnen, Ordos, weapons names) but not aa game with a name already used.

Sand Hawk

----------------
-Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.

My Site

quote:

You can create a game based on the Dune universum(Arakis, Atreides, Harkonnen, Ordos, weapons names) but not aa game with a name already used.

Well, you can - when you want to get sued. I dont know what third world country you are living in, Sand_Hawk, but all first and second world countries have intellectual property rights that will stop you prettyfast from using ANYTHING from the Dune Universe without a permission.

Time to wake up.

Regards

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Consulting Ltd.
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)

yep, he wants us to read this thread. i did, and here''s my answer to your question (which was "K?"): ok. did that help? or do you want people to help you with something u didn''t even even ask help for? next time try asking what u need help with, not that u need it.

---
shurcool
wwdev

Sorry if I was being baby. and I know that name is taken but. I just stated that I wanted to make a tenth anniversary edition of dune II. that was not the name I chose. and yes shurcool was right. I also did wait for over 40 minutes, I almost waited 3 hours!. and I saw so many other ones getting replys!

rpetz286
Heiroglyphics Entertainment

actually, you waited only 39 minutes, 27 seconds (2:58:59 AM - 2:19:32 AM). and yes, people sometime don't reply to your post for a while, sometimes they do. it depends. the main factor is how easy it is to answer. and that depends on how hard your problem is, and how well you explained it. you basically failed on the latter. i'm posted this so that you wouldn't do that again, and get some helpful (for your game) replies. i hope you learned something from this.

edit: i'll try to help you. it looks like you're a real beginner, so you need help w/ starting out. hopefully this will help you. good luck.

---
shurcool
wwdev

[edited by - shurcool on August 29, 2002 4:46:59 PM]