Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#define DEBUG

This topic is 5588 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

how should i do a #define you want to apply to all files in vc++ 6? i cant just do it in main.cpp because what if its not compiled first. any tips?

If you''re compiling using the IDE, you need to go to Project->Settings. In C/C++ General settings, you''ll find an edit box for Preprocessor Definitions. VC++ will automatically set the _DEBUG definition when you are performing a debug build.

Also, a define in one cpp file will not be seen/recognized by any other cpp files, even it it''s compiled first. There was a good article on .cpp and .h files here at gamedev a while ago. It may be a worthwhile read. It took me 2 years of C programming before I totally realized the relationships between multiple source and header files. It''s actually very simple, and I should have learned it much earlier.

thx for the replies all. makes sense.

I knew the main compiling first thing was stupid, sabreman, when i thought of how commandline compiling/linking works. i just didnt know what else to do.