Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C# with DxVBLibA

This topic is 5588 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Has Anyone Try to Convert c++ with Dx8 source to c# with DxVBLibA? I know i had better to wait until Dx9 out. But before that I wanna try it. Anyone has try or will try, please Give me advice or Help. If u have c# with DxVBLibA(DX8 VB Lib) please E-main to me. kiplring@hanmail.net I appreciate all the guys who read my word. And I more appreciate anyone who write a word to me. p.s. I am trying convert from GameDev directx Article "Implementing Skin Meshes with DirectX 8 Sarmad Kh Abdulla" to C# with DxVBLibA. Thanks. [edited by - kiplring on August 29, 2002 7:40:19 AM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
Check out this link.

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Graphics.asp

It has a few examples of games built with C# and DirectX using DxVBLib.

Everything I have seen so far has been 2D DirectDraw stuff. If you are looking to do 3D you may want to wait until the next DirectX comes out.

Joe

Full ack -wait. IMHO it is not too long to wait - maybe another 2-3 months, not more. Dont forget that the packet you try to use now is - well,n oone ever said it is fast. Better learn C# better - you will need it then :-)

Regards

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Consulting Ltd.
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)

Yeah, I''m actually using DxVBLibA in C# at the moment. It''s no big deal really - global functions go missing though, because of the nature of .NET, but they''re not very important. What problems are you having precisely? Oh and you realize that you''ll need to use the VB documentation of DX, right?

- JQ
Full Speed Games. Coming soon.