• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Game - In Progress

This topic is 5733 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok. well hi ppl. I''ve been working on a game for a few months now and a bit of work has been done. Menu art, fmv sequences, audio n stuff and the characters n buildings are underway too. but i don''t have a clue how i should go about programming the game. can any of u guys help? what programs should i use? which would be the best language to use? bearing in mind it would be completed for late 2004.

Advertisement
Visual C++ 6 ?! Bit expensive for a ''first game'', isn''t it? (Well, as long as you don''t download a warez version...)
I''d propose Dev-C++, for it is free, quite easy to use, uses gcc...
www.bloodshed.net

And, well, yes, read the "start here" stuff on gamedev.

Or if you don''t want to learn c++. You can use these game developement packages.

http://www.3drad.com
http://www.darkbasic.com
http://www.blitzbasic.com

You still have to learn a language specific to each package but there pretty easy and you can learn them easily even if you have no programming experiance.

Since you don''t have any programming experience whatsoever my advice to you is to completely forget about making this game for at least a few months, start reading a programming book (I recommend you learn C++), make a few small games, and then after that you MIGHT be ready to make this game.

Your project sounds incredibly backwards. You have all the art, movies, and sound done, now you just need to learn how to program. Haha, that makes me giggle

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I''m reaching up and reaching out. I''m reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one''s been. We''ll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one''s been." - Maynard James Keenan
[TheBlackJester ]
[Wildfire Studios ]

you won''t laugh when i''m worth millions. nah everything is kool. is just how in the hell do i make it stick together. and am i right in thinking that c++ is gonna take me at least a year to learn. also can u reccomend any books? also i am a fast learner so i dunno. would anyone like to work on this with me?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!