New Game - In Progress

Started by
77 comments, last by webjunkie 21 years, 7 months ago
also i wouldn''t have been offended by someone acusin me of software piracy if i didn''t purchase the software off dicreet. which i did.
Advertisement
I don''t get it. You want advice but you just insult people.

You want to know what programs you should use to help you make your game, but you''ve not given us enough information on what the game is supposed to be like.

How about you help people help you? Or just continue to call people names. Your choice.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
ahh a confession. i think what u forget is you insulted me first. also this is a programming forum, i don''t know alot about programming - this is why i am here and also why i can''t help ppl. what do u need help with?i told you the game was a point and click strategy game with minimal programming and most of it coverd in 3d studio max 5. I know what i need to make the game i was asking about books to help me - i also found this out. the latest question i asked was . . . any good books on visual basic 6 as i am at college? please before u reply - take care to read the whole of this thread - from the origional post instead of replying with random useless repsonses that are of no relevance to this thread - therefore insulting me.
Why do you think people haven't read the entire thread? I can't find any comments which make me suspect that.

Anyway, you might want to just go to a library or bookshop and have a look through some of the VB books, to get a feel for the concepts and the look of the language. Perhaps better than spending money on a book that may or may not be good for you.

I think picking up a copy of the book "Code Complete" is absolutely necessary. It's easy to learn the basics of a language within a couple of weeks, but learning good programming practices takes a lifetime. That book will give you a good headstart.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions

[edited by - siaspete on September 9, 2002 1:16:39 PM]
i have already covered the basics at college, but . . . i am looking for a more advanced book. thanks for the info though. also i prefer to do my shopping online.thx again.
An Advanced VB 6 book? Isn''t that an oxymoron?

Anyway, if you want VB books try "VB 6 Unleashed" by SAMS or the Blue, Black, Gold books by Coriolis Publishing.

"Wisdom is proportionate to your reference base. Intelligence is the ability to appropriately use that Wisdom."
"Wisdom is proportionate to your reference base. Intelligence is the ability to appropriately use that Wisdom."
funny. ermm . . . i have been using visual studio 6''s visual basic thing - can i create like good programs - even an operating system with this? and i would be looking for books with this prog if this was the program to go with.
Finally it''s over.
Anyway since we''re (not including me) done bashing the kid (no offense). Obviously the choice is visual basic. But just so you know I do see these Pie in the Sky 3D game development kits. They take no programming and to operate them is point and click also. Anyway hope you have fun.

Knowledge is what you learn, wisdom is how you apply it.

find your element
at mutedfaith.com.
<º>

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I dont think you can make an operating system in VB6, or any other version for that matter, since it requires the Visual BAsic runtimes to run any of your programs.

However, if you game is an FMV (shudder) based game, than VB6 will do you fine. Now, if its a 3d game, you may want to go with darkbasic, since its really easy to get into.

Oh, and whoever said that video games are the hardest kind of software to make is wrong. An operating system is.
"Luck is for people without skill."- Robert (I Want My Island)"Real men eat food that felt pain before it died."- Me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement