Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[java] Should be an easy question

This topic is 5579 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have three source files: Account.java CenteredFrame.java AccountApplication.java The first two compile without a problem, but when compiling the AccountApplication.java file, I get: AccountApplication.java:59: cannot resolve symbol symbol: class Account Account account = new Account(a,r); And the same kind of error for the CenteredFrame.java class. All the files are directly in the /src directory of the Java SDK. The reason I can''t figure out whats wrong is because in Account.java I have: public class Account { private int amount; private float rate; public Account( int a, float r ) { amount = a; rate = r; } public double getBalance( int time ) { return amount * Math.pow( 1 + ( rate / 100 ), time ); } } Which seems to me should have worked. What could be wrong?

Tried it.....going more crazy. Would someone mind if I emailed the three files to you to see if they work on your machines? I'd be a huge help. Thanks.

Relpy to this post or just email me at: danman70@hotmail.com

[edited by - Mulligan on August 29, 2002 4:39:45 PM]

Hey Mulligan, is that your surname?
My surname is Mulligan, where are you from?

dMDI

"I don''''t know with what weapons the third world war will be fought, but I know the fourth will be fought with sticks and stones." Einstein

OK. Email them to me at me@dmulligan.fsnet.co.uk, but it may be tomorrow evening (UK Time) before I am able to fix them.

dMDI

"I don''''t know with what weapons the third world war will be fought, but I know the fourth will be fought with sticks and stones." Einstein

compiled and ran fine. no problems.... it''s strange that you''ve problems.
The only thing i don''t understand is:
"All the files are directly in the /src directory of the Java SDK"
=> why did you put them there ?
(I''ve put all 3 in an independant folder and it compiled correctly.)

They all had to be compiled at the same time. I had to type

"javac Account.java AccountApplication.java CenteredFrame.java"

I didn''t know that could be done, but now I''m good to go.