Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bad resolution and colors!! Help!!!

This topic is 5583 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone, When I run the tutorial .exe''s they are perfect and the colors/resolutions are great. However, when I copy the code into Microsoft Visual C++ and compile then run the .exe, the resolution goes crazy and the colors are really bad, like only 8 colors exist. Plus, the objects I created in the window are all distorted. I changed no code at all, only copy and pasted. The only thing that I can think of is that I am running Visual C++ through Citrix Program Neighborhood...could that cause coloration problems? Thanks! Justin

hello justin,

your problems seem compelling. Maybe instead of trying to run your application through C++ why don''t you try and run through the exe file that is created with your project. Toodles.

dizzumdawg

Instead of copy and paste, download and use the source with the included project/workspace files and see if that works. If it does, then you know that you missed something when copying and pasting.

---
Make it work.
Make it fast.

"I’m happy to share what I can, because I’m in it for the love of programming. The Ferraris are just gravy, honest!" --John Carmack: Forward to Graphics Programming Black Book