Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shpook

Big troubles

Hello. I am haveing a ton of problems, and beg you to help me in any way you can. I just downloaded the DirectX SDK 7a and am attempting to use the samples etc, but when I compile all I get is errors... usually 102 or so of them, like this: c:\mssdk\samples\multimedia\d3dim\include\d3dframe.h(43) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''m_pDD'' c:\mssdk\samples\multimedia\d3dim\include\d3dframe.h(43) : error C2501: ''LPDIRECTDRAW7'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers c:\mssdk\samples\multimedia\d3dim\include\d3dframe.h(43) : error C2501: ''m_pDD'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers c:\mssdk\samples\multimedia\d3dim\include\d3dframe.h(44) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''m_pD3D'' c:\mssdk\samples\multimedia\d3dim\include\d3dframe.h(44) : error C2501: ''LPDIRECT3D7'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers c:\mssdk\samples\multimedia\d3dim\include\d3dframe.h(44) : error C2501: ''m_pD3D'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers c:\mssdk\samples\multimedia\d3dim\include\d3dframe.h(45) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''m_pd3dDevice'' c:\mssdk\samples\multimedia\d3dim\include\d3dframe.h(45) : error C2501: ''LPDIRECT3DDEVICE7'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers c:\mssdk\samples\multimedia\d3dim\include\d3dframe.h(45) : error C2501: ''m_pd3dDevice'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers And ON and ON... I included ALL the libs I believe I need, and I have changed the lib and header search directories to where the libs are... I have read the SDK helps and they just don''t help.. and nor do previous posts of this matter... ("include dxguid.lib" etc kind of posts... yes, that IS in my project). Please help me in any way you can. I need this solved desperately, -shpook

When I had this problem I had to go into the header/lib search directories section of VC++ and make sure the DirectX search paths were the first ones there.. If you have older DX libs and headers in the paths above the DX7 paths, the compiler will use those instead..

Just something to check

-A-

Yeah, I made sure of that too... they''re all on top. Thanks for trying though. =)

Also, I neglected to mention that I''m running VC++ 6.0 Enterprise Edition in Win98.

thanks again,
-shpook