Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Writing over an existing DirectX screen

This topic is 5583 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sorry if the subject is ambiguous I didn''t really know how to explain it in short words. I am writing an anti-cheat patch for a game that uses DirectX (I believe it first shipped with DX6 or 7). Basically I am doing everything from a wrapper DLL that I made for one of the DLLs that the game uses and only patched the exe to change the name of the DLL it loads. It will periodically do a memory sweep of the players computer, and disconnect the person if cheats are found. I already got all of that working, but what I would like to do is to display on the screen when a person has been booted for cheating. So I would need to get access to the display while this game has it in full screen mode with DirectX. I cannot change the EXE to provide information (unless you can tell me a reasonable way to do that without the source code to the game). Any ideas on how to accomplish this would be great. Thanks Geek