• Advertisement

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Independent translation

This topic is 6559 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all, I wonder if anyone could help me with this. I have a point in 3d space... let''s say 3.0,3.0,3.0. If I want to rotate this point around, say, 6.0,6.0,6.0 at yaw 35, pitch 25, and roll 359, what would I do? I understand the math involved, so please don''t send me an explanation of matrices, etc. I have implemented a routine that works for me-- I do some mucking about with sin and cosine, but the computation is expensive. What I really want is a nice self-contained function, using the DirectX api, along the lines of: RotatePoint(x,y,z, aroundx,aroundy,aroundz, anglex,angley,anglez,*finalx,*finaly,*finalz); Does DirectX have any method of doing this without setting up a whole view matrix, etc? Does anyone have, or can quickly scribe, a similar function to this one above, that uses the directx api? I''m looking for a quick and dirty fix, here-- I don''t want to understand why it works until later, when I go in and customize the routine. I just want to make sure some of my code conceptuals work, and make sure that I can count on directx acceleration for the operation. Note that when I optimize it, I won''t be passing the center to it all the time-- I''m just going to be setting the center, and the rotations, and then doing lots of rotating in one big chunk. So it''s actually okay if it''s a ''little slow'' to set up a matrix that will subsequently be used to adjust 200+ vertices. The reason I wonder if directx has the capability is because I want to use MMX, etc, to do the computations. When I do raw computations using sin/cos it runs at about 80% of the speed of when I let directx do the computing. Thanks in advance!!! -- Goodlife ----------------------------- Think of your mind as a door on a house. Leave the door always closed, and it's not a house, it's a prison. Leave the door always open, and it's not a house, it's a wilderness-- all the vermin creep in.

• Advertisement