Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

neXt

[java] Noob Java guy need tutorials.

OK, I''ve been learning Java for a while and will be learning C++ later this year/next year. But until then I wanted to get the hang of game coding so Java it is. I have searched on Google for tutorials but I have yet to find a good one. So I thought I''d try here to see if anyone knew off hand a really goo Java Game tutorials for noob Java guys.\ Thanks.

Yeah, the best place to start with Java is at the source. First do The Java Tutorial . It is a free download from Sun. Then do a search on The Black Art of Game Programming in Java . It used to be free on the Internet, so if you do a search you might be able to find it.

---
Make it work.
Make it fast.

"I’m happy to share what I can, because I’m in it for the love of programming. The Ferraris are just gravy, honest!" --John Carmack: Forward to Graphics Programming Black Book

That book taught me everything I know, I liked it so much I ordered it from amazon, I''ve seen at barnes and nobles a few tims too.

Also check out www.javage.com for some tutes and the games on my site (www.geocities.com/nonnus29/index.htm - asteroids and tetris applets) the source is freely available.