Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Win 98 vs Win 2k issue in my RPG?

This topic is 5586 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been working on a small RPG for deployment on the iPaq, and have found out that a crude test harness I created has some problems on Win 98. When I started this project early on this year, I had a lot of testers who had win 98 systems who could not test the game for balance, etc for this reason. I put the project on the shelf for a bit (bad idea, btw) and have just started doing some modifications to it. I made one modification to the game that I am hoping will fix the Win 98 vs Win 2k problem, which appeared to be related to rectangle collision. Would some kind person here who has win98 and win2k be willing to try my little test RPG on both machines and see that it runs fine on them? Or perhaps someone with just win98 who would be able to fire up the game and run around with it for a bit? If you find the game is really sluggish, and when you leave town for the wilderness find that there are real problems with the game, then I did not fix it properly. Apologies for the game being really small on the screen, but the PDA has a 320x200 form factor. I am trying to get some art assets to make an 800x600 version of the game, and it is already partially ported from GDI/MFC to DirectX. Feel free to post here, or reply to my email address. The URL is: http://www.seismicstudios.net/poa/ Thank you for your time and consideration. John

Can''t help you out, but thats a pretty rocking little game you got there

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I''m reaching up and reaching out. I''m reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one''s been. We''ll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one''s been." - Maynard James Keenan
[TheBlackJester ]
[Wildfire Studios ]

It''s terribly slow on the Win98 computer, and every now and then the entire background is replaced with the tree/forest tile thingie.

Win2K worked fine.

Cool, thanks. It is what I needed to know, even if it is not what I wanted to hear.

Now just to figure out what the heck is being goofy about it.

I am not really doing anything sneaky in here.

I am using CRect::IntersectRect in a few places and I am wondering from that if it has anything to do with that.

I will play with it some more.