DirectX Windowed

Started by
1 comment, last by Melraidin 21 years, 7 months ago
I''ve done a couple searchs here and haven''t been able to find anything, so: Anyone know how to create a DX window with rounded corners? Anything like that? I''ve got a skinned window for the GUI, but now I''d like to have the DX portion of my app still fit the same ''theme''. I can certainly still draw a background on the DX window, but I''d prefer to not have it rectangular; instead have rounded corners and such. Any ideas?
Advertisement
All "skins" Operate in the same mannor, they use a rectangular polygon and apply a texture to the polygon which contains a transparent color. They use this color to block out the "edges". So when it''s displayed the "skin" looks rounded, however techincally it is not. This can also be done in direct draw but instead of using a "texture" you would use a bitmap image with transparent color.
But if that background image were drawn over top of a Direct3D windowed application, even though the background image has transparent areas it would still not show what''s behind the application, instead it would simply show whatever was behind it in the application. (The application wouldn''t show my Windows wallpaper, instead it would simply show anything that was rendered behind the background image in the DirectX application).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement