Just wanna make a text game

Started by
12 comments, last by iamaposer 21 years, 7 months ago
Thanks super roy for the awesome tutorials. really helped me out with the text game stuff.

quote:I assume your game will be running like Championship Manager

Yes yes, like championship manager. I am not sure how to do that though. Where would I be able to find a site that gives tutorials on making a game like that, cause that would be perfect, even if it was very bland at first, it would be a lot easier to use and such.

Vaneger, how/where would I be able to learn how to program using the windows API?

If you guys say buy a book, I did, and it cost me a whole heck of a lot of money, and I don''t understand it, it is mostly dealing with web applications made with C++ (I bought it off of Amazon, it said "Visual C++ 5th edition" or somethin, and I thought it sounded good). Anyways, any other tutorial sites that you guys know of that could help me would be really awesome, thanks

"I''''ll take my spoons and dig out your blue eyes, swallow them down to my colon, their gonna burn like hell tonight."
"I''ll take my spoons and dig out your blue eyes, swallow them down to my colon, their gonna burn like hell tonight."
Advertisement
1. You should have checked on the book you got first, what a waste of $40+ bucks...

2. You Should learn DirectX and make it a 3d game, That would be sweet game.
lol I was just about to suggest gametutorials.com but looks like someone beat me to it, I mgiht be interested in helping with this project, but I gots a few questions.

How long have you been programming in C++?

How old are you?

Have you actually got any of the project done?

If you have AIM or AOL, hit me up - screenname: absoluteability
quote:1. You should have checked on the book you got first, what a waste of $40+ bucks...

Yes, I know, but its a long story why I had to choose which book really quick. I was getting kicked out of my house and yada yada yada.

quote:2. You Should learn DirectX and make it a 3d game, That would be sweet game.

I would, but it is really expensive for internet here (I live in Italy) and DirectX is a pretty huge download...

Oh, and I''ll go ahead and IM you Zavenus...

"I''''ll take my spoons and dig out your blue eyes, swallow them down to my colon, their gonna burn like hell tonight."
"I''ll take my spoons and dig out your blue eyes, swallow them down to my colon, their gonna burn like hell tonight."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement