Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lesson 6, And some wonderful Errors.

This topic is 5579 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey Everyone. I''ve been going through the lessons Using the Visual C++ code in my Borland Builder 5. and has been great upto Lesson 6 in the OpenGL tutorials. but in trying to compile the givin source I recevied this error. [Linker Error] Unresolved external ''auxDIBImageLoadA'' referenced from C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ADMINISTRATOR\DESKTOP\LESSON06\LESSON06\LESSON6.OBJ this could very well be my borland compilier complaining about it being Visual C++, but being I have not had a problem yet, I thought the possibility of a coding mistake on the webpage http://nehe.gamedev.net/tutorials/lesson.asp?l=06 any one else experiance this, or any comments twards this. feed back would be great -NL

Usually the problem with lesson 6 is that people don''t realize that you need to include the glaux library when compiling. I don''t know whether you''re using the Borland IDE or the command line compiler, but with the command line compiler you would need to do:

bcc32 -W lesson06.cpp glaux.lib

in the IDE you''ll need to include the library somewhere, but I haven''t a clue where.

For some reason the Borland compiler can link to gl and glu automatically, but other libraries you have to link explicitly.

Hope this helps,

Enigma

Hopefully once I have some free time to finish up the rewrite of the first group of tuts, GLaux will be a thing of the past.

Until then, thanks to everyone helping out in the forum, much appreciated!