When the hell is DX9 coming out???

Started by
11 comments, last by Raptor 21 years, 7 months ago
Hi....any ideas on the exact release date of DX9 sdk??? Later, Raptor
Advertisement
I thought it was somewhere around November. Everyone is so anxious! You''d think that DX 8.1 was nearly unusable!

The hackers must have gotten into the system through the hyperlink!!

Invader''s Realm
Hm, IMHO it is around November, propably end of. I talked to people from Nvisdia yesterday, and they said the NV50 (GForce 5) will be in the shops in december - and to my knowledge they are somehow synced.

November sounds good.

Sorry, no more info - am under NDA.

Regards

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Consulting Ltd.
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
RegardsThomas TomiczekTHONA Consulting Ltd.(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
It's NV30 not NV50

And I don't think they will sync it with NV30 because ATI is out with it's Radeon 9700.

Also TSMC which builds NVidias chips have come up with new restrictions with their 0.13 micron process, so NVidia must change the design of the NV30. They don't have silicion yet, and normaly it takes 6 month for a NVidia product from first silicon to the market. If they release it in Dezember you won't likely get one easy

[edited by - noVum on August 31, 2002 10:27:25 AM]
DX9 will come when in comes. Thona you are not allowed to talk about dx9 at all. I have seen you do this on repeated occasions, please stop it or I will have to take action.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
DX9 will come when in comes. Thona you are not allowed to talk about dx9 at all. I have seen you do this on repeated occasions, please stop it or I will have to take action.

AP''s are so fun aren''t they? They make blanket statements to apparently no one (since no one broke NDA in any posts here) and hide behind the cowardly AP. Did you have a point to your statement, or just trying to look cool?

Now to make this post a little more legitimate. Why does everyone care about DX9? Most of the new features that it will support requires new hardware correct? Are that many people going to run out and buy new vid cards? If so, want to adopt me? I look at it this way, currently my vid card doesn''t do any shaders (vertex or pixel) so DX9 really won''t add that much to what it can do. Hell, I can''t even fully use 8.1. The most I can hope for in 9 is that it''s faster or at least drivers are more optimized for it maybe. I''m not jumping around waiting for it or anything...

Always remember, you''''re unique. Just like everyone else.
Always remember, you''re unique. Just like everyone else.Greven
Actually it is not allowed to even acknowlege that you have anything to do with dx9. That is a breach right there.
quote:Original post by Greven
Why does everyone care about DX9? Most of the new features that it will support requires new hardware correct? Are that many people going to run out and buy new vid cards? If so, want to adopt me? I look at it this way, currently my vid card doesn''t do any shaders (vertex or pixel) so DX9 really won''t add that much to what it can do.

Some of us are waiting for Managed DirectX

FTR - the November timeframe had already been suggested on MS''s public newsgroups. I doubt theres a violation of the NDA if thona reveals information that has already been made public through other channels.

"When you know the LORD you have no need for masturbation!"
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
AP - if you are so concerned, read the confidentiality clause in the beta agreement...

Besides that, the beta would not include info about "NV30 is synced with DX9", so the question is completely moot anyway. That info came from nVidia. Any way you slice it, you''re being silly.
Author, "Real Time Rendering Tricks and Techniques in DirectX", "Focus on Curves and Surfaces", A third book on advanced lighting and materials
To the confidentiality: If anonymous Cowards would influence my behavior - well, that would be a poor life. If you idiot want to say something that I care about, at lease reveal your name.

Now, on DirectX 9 - I think there are two groups of people interested in this - the ones writing engines which want to ue the new features (maybe out of curiosity - there are, after all, voices against displacement mapping) and the ones that need it because of .NET - basically the offical MS line is that you wait for DirectX 9 to make DirectX development with C#.

Now, for confidentiality: AP, if you would please care to tell me where exactly it says I am not allowed to say I am on the beta - which, btw., is one of the betas where MS does acknowledge it exists?

And stating information which got released to public sources is not a breach of confidentiality. That the NV30 release is being synced with DX 9 is the NVidia line. BTW - I talked to someone from NVidia yesterday, and he confirmed to me (without NDA), that NV30 (yes, not 50 - sorry) based cards will be in the shops in december - and I doubt he means after christmas. I have no clue how far they ARE in the production cycle, but me thinks that they might be further than the anonymous coward thinks they are - they are not exactly obliged to release this to the public. And loosing the christmas market is something they can not afford to do.

Regards

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Consulting Ltd.
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
RegardsThomas TomiczekTHONA Consulting Ltd.(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement