Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirectX and MFC

This topic is 5583 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I got an annoying problem and I don''t know how to fix it and neither the people arround me, so as one of my last ways to ask help, I ask it here. I have a project, using MFC and an extern engine (static dll). The engine uses DirectX, and to init dx, I have to give a hWnd, so I can render the stuff on the window (of the hwnd). But, the MFC project I have doesn''t have really something called "hWnd", it has lotsa stuff like CWnd, but that won''t help me, using dx. the code looks like: int CMainFrame::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (CFrameWnd::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; // create a view to occupy the client area of the frame if (!m_wndView.Create(NULL, NULL, AFX_WS_DEFAULT_VIEW, CRect(0, 0, 0, 0), this, AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST, NULL)) { TRACE0("Failed to create view window\n"); return -1; } if (!m_wndToolBar.CreateEx(this, TBSTYLE_FLAT, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | CBRS_LEFT | CBRS_GRIPPER | CBRS_TOOLTIPS | CBRS_FLYBY | CBRS_SIZE_DYNAMIC) || !m_wndToolBar.LoadToolBar(IDR_MAINFRAME)) { TRACE0("Failed to create toolbar\n"); return -1; // fail to create } if (!m_wndStatusBar.Create(this) || !m_wndStatusBar.SetIndicators(indicators, sizeof(indicators)/sizeof(UINT))) { TRACE0("Failed to create status bar\n"); return -1; // fail to create } and so on, but all this stuff is not using hWnd (like other MFC is using). Any help would be good to get the hWnd of an object (and not a one that returns ERROR EXPRESSION NOT..... Regards, N. Rest.

but be sure to use CWnd::GetSafeHandle() after creating the window. i faced that while i am working in a level editor. i had to post the handle after i created the window (Splitter) in OnCreateClient