Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My idea in a short synopsis...

This topic is 5586 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello. I have my idea all well done...most game mechanics and all that are straightened out...I just wanna see how u guys feel about the idea of my *gasp* rpg. It is kinda they same-old story. But what I don''t tell u is new and exciting! Hehe. Here it is: The mystics of Novia: It is said there were 6 mystics of Novia, so powerful, they could summon the Great Novia Herself. These six: Superior,Volga, Victoria, Eyre, Caspian, and Maracaibo were inprisoned in the 6 Corners of Novia by the Evil Lord Sutherland. For over a thousand years, these 6 have slept soundly after the Fate of Evil, a great war that drove Sutherland off and restored peace to Novia... However, Sutherland left with the Secret to restoring the 6 Mystics...and so True Peace can not be acheived. Now, a new leader has been appointed for Novia, General Yosemite...a relative of Sutherland. Yosemite has a few Secrets of his own...and Jog, a poor boy at Central Novia, is learning them... along with his own true destiny...Bum Bum buuum! Doesn''t it sound like a yawn-fest? Me-thinks the story gets better though... I don''t really have it in story form tho. Sorry!

Well, given that we don''t know anything about how the game plays, it doesn''t sound like too much. Is it 2D/3D? What''s the camera position? What can the player do? Do you get a party? Is it turn based? Does it have spells?

You gotta give us more information if you want an opinion.

quote:
Original post by ThoughtBubble
Well, given that we don''t know anything about how the game plays, it doesn''t sound like too much.

Good. I was trying to go for the idea of "it''s another rpg." I specifically left out all the kinds of details so they wouldn''t impact what u originally thought of it(the magic is a big part as to why it needs to be a typical story-line).

BTW, the questions were probably rhetorical, but they are: Isometric(2d), always behind, lots, yes-but not directly controlable, no-it is rt, and yes.

Thanks for your opinion.

Did you ever read the back of a book cover and it seemed like the book would be awesome but it turned out to be boring as heck? There’s no way anybody can say whether you have a good story or not from a paragraph of text. Good stories are in the details and the plot. I would suggest you look online for articles on writing good stories. These can give you some tremendous insights into what separates a good story from a bad one.