Driver for ASUS Geforce4 Ti 4400

Started by
7 comments, last by PyroMeistar 21 years, 7 months ago
I''d like to know if I should use the driver provided with my ASUS Geforce4 Ti 4400 graphic card or the nVidia Detonator one. Would I get better performances with Detonator? (Please don''t tell me to download it and see. The reason why I''m asking this is that I have a pretty slow Internet connection and 8 MB is a big dl for me).
Advertisement
Odds are, if it''s provided with your card, it''s outdated. The performance increase with the latest Det''s (40.xx betas) are said to be quite significant, and they support DX8.1 and OGL1.4 fully. You make the call.

Peace,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

I didn''t notice any big difference when I switched. But I didn''t actually do any "tests" on it either.
So... It''d be a good idea, but it''s not essential.

------------
MSN: nmaster42@hotmail.com, AIM: LockePick42, ICQ: 74128155
"It''s all part of the conspiracy of conspirators conspiring to conspire their own conspiracies..."
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
I have a GeForce2MX and notice a pretty big difference with the Det. 40 driver. I say go with the Detonator.
There is an Omega driver for Nvidia video cards.
Game Core
Always use the offical drivers, they always work the best since its made from the company who made the hardware and knows the part inside and out.
--------------------------Nukemmsn: nukem996@hotmail.comaim: nukem996open source open mind
Remembering that all cards follow the same reference design given by nVidia. In any case, nVidias drivers have always shown to be better, and released more often, and a lot more up-to-date.
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
Thanks for the good hints. I think I will go with Det for now. But does Det supports TV-out?
Many people have experienced an increase in performance using the new det. 40.xx drivers but some also claims a decrease in IQ. Unless the performace-increase is significant I wouldn't make that trade. www.guru3d.com is a good place to go to if you are interested in drivers.
Btw IQ EQ imagequality =)

[edited by - lowlevel on September 5, 2002 8:43:40 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement